- Pork loin sliced thinly, beaten with a meat tenderizer
- 4-6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. oregano spice
- 3/4 tsp. thyme
- 3/4 tsp. basil
- 1/4c to 1/2 Worcestershire sauce.
- 1/4c Oyster sauce
- 1/4c lemon juice
- 1c white wine
- 1 beer
- white vinegar for taste (1/2 cup or so)
- balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- sprig of parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Frank’s hot sauce (optional)
Blend together and add 2-3 bay leaves.
- Mix marinade ingredients, add pork, and marinate 24 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 cutlets at a time from the marinade. Sauté in heated skillet until just beginning to brown on both sides, turning only once, about 1 ½ minutes per side.
- Bake crispy fries in the oven while frying pork-lions
- 2-3 pork cutlets on a fresh Portuguese Rolls (or Kaiser, Dinner Roll)
- Butter / mayo (miracle whip or helmans) either side.
- Ketchup & Mustard or Piri-Piri
- 3-5 Yum yum or Bread and butter pickles (some people like Yum Yum, some Bread and butter, have both available)
- Combine with a caesar or greek salad.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp minced parsley
- 3 1/2 oz raw boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 small baked sweet potato with skin
- 1 cup boiled chopped broccoli
- 1 tsp chopped dried becans
Heat grill. Combine lemon juice, chili sauce, Dijon mustard, basil, and parsley in a baking dish; mix well. Place chicken in a baking dish. Cover dish and marinate chicken in refrigerator for 5 minutes. Drain chicken. Grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Bake a sweet potato in the microwave for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve chicken with baked sweet potato, broccoli and side salad topped with pecans.
- Calorie count: 400
- Protein: 29.25 grams
- Carbs: 40.74 grams
- Fat: 11.17 grams
- Sat Fat: 1.15 grams
- Total Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp Cajun rub
- 5 oz raw whitefish
- 3/4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups steamed mixed vegetables
- Cajun rub (can also be used on poultry):
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix spices together. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat until very hot but not smoking. Rinse fish and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub some oil on both sides of fish. Sprinkle both sides with spice mixture (if you want it spicier, add more of the mixture). Sear the fish in the hot pan for about 1 minute, just until the fish is golden brown; flip and sear other side. If the fish is cut thick, you will need to turn down the heat, over and cook so that the fish cooks through. Serve with steamed vegetables.
- Calorie Count: 400
- Protein: 29.28 grams
- Carbs: 37.53 grams
- Fat: 12.5 grams
- Sat Fat: 1.92 grams
- Total Prep Time: 10 minutes